BANKRUPTCY COUNSELLING IN EDMONTON
Bankruptcy can be a long and potentially confusing process. Sometimes, just the filing process itself can take months to complete. Fox Miles provides excellent bankruptcy counselling in Edmonton. The Federal Government requires all individuals to take two sessions of Bankruptcy Counseling, which do not take long to complete and can be the most painless part of filing for bankruptcy.
EDMONTON BANKRUPTCY COUNSELLING
FIRST COUNSELLING SESSION
In the first counselling session, the licensed insolvency trustee will discuss and provide you guidance in the areas of:
- Money Management.
- Spending and Shopping Habits.
- Warning Signs of Financial Difficulties.
- Obtaining and using credit
SECOND COUNSELLING SESSION
During the second counselling session, the licensed insolvency trustee will work with you to determine the sources and causes of budget concerns and insolvency. The trustee will:
- Follow up on the bankruptcy application
- Discuss your strengths & weaknesses regarding money management & budget skills
- If appropriate, the trustee will assist with non-budget causes of insolvency such as gambling, compulsive behaviour, substance abuse, employment or marital challenged
- The trustee will work better to understand your money management habits and consumption habits
- The trustee will make you aware of all potential resources that are in place to help you achieve economic stability
- The trustee will work with you to develop recommendations and a financial plan
- Where appropriate, the trustee may refer you for specialized counselling for non-budget related concerns outlined above
These counselling sessions are just two steps within the overall journey of eliminating debt through bankruptcy. It is not a quick fix with processes taking several months to potentially several years, depending on the situation.
With this in mind, Fox-Miles & Associates is here to support you through the process and help give you the tools to navigate what bankruptcy and help you clean your slate and make a fresh start. Contact us to schedule your free consultation.